Saturday, June 2, 2012

We are NOT art "collectors"...


Oh Hello!

I recently had the privilege to visit some friends in their unique and neclectic home.  From the outside the house is a beautiful ranch style, however once entering the home you soon find and whole new world to discover!

Walking up to the front door I knew I was in for a treat! After being warmly welcomed, my eyes began to dance around the house trying to soak in all that was to be seen.  My friends offered me a glass of water, however I almost forgot to take any sips because of the spectacles in the room.

These folks have been "collecting" for many years from literally around the world. They don't consider themselves collectors."
“We have chosen the things we have (and enjoy) because they inspire us, lift our spirits, or evoke memories of people and places we love.”
How wonderful!  I love this...they collect because it brings joy...they don't collect for monetary or social clout. Each piece has story, emotion or person attached to it.  It was awe inspiring to see my friend's faces light up while sharing their stories. Many of their pieces are hand-crafted from local artisans.

While having great conversation...somebody decided to add his two cents!  It was Chip their parrot!  What a treat! Chip had so much to say about everything (however he was a bit repetitive..LOL...don't tell him I said that!).  I think I learned a thing or two.  The other family member,Wally the dog, had retired to his private chambers (he gets a little to excited when company arrives.)

Please enjoy the pictures below. These are just a "tasting" of their "collections." I can not do justice to their personal stories and excitement for each piece.

"Story Teller Violin"

Hand crafted chairs.  No nails were used in producing these amazing chairs!


 


Egyptian Hieroglyphics.   

Lithography rubbing copies of Petroglyphs from New Mexico.



Wall of amazing art!


Good Day!
--D. Charles




 

No comments:

Post a Comment