Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Art-Bringing People Together!

Oh hello!

Hope all is well!  While on one of my neighborhood adventures I came across this beautiful mural in a viaduct tunnel under a train crossing.  What impressed me were the bright colors, artistry and  hand-painted mosaics tiles.  This was a collective effort by the Bowmanville and West Andersonville neighborhoods in North Chicago.

According their website the design concept was urban garden and the four seasons.  I think they did a terrific job!  This was a community project that brought together people, families, young and old.  Check them out at http://bcochicago.org/public-art  They have more pictures!!

Do you have a mural in your home or maybe a mosaic piece you created?? If so send me some pics!!

Hand painted or DIY accessory pieces are a GREAT addition to any home. They obviously bring a very personalized style to you space.  I encourage you to produce some "self expression" pieces in your home today!

Good day
--D Charles
  






No comments:

Post a Comment