Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Rooms Speak Louder than Words...

Oh Hello!

I recently went on a trip to visit my Mom and family back home in Missouri. I had a great time, it's always nice to go home for a little while and relax (and of course to have some home cooking!)  I was really excited about my visit and to see a project that my dear sister and family had been working on for a couple months.

My Mom had a spare bedroom that used to be my father's office. My sister thought my Mom needed a "girl" room.  So after clearing out the office, painting and buying a bunch of country nick-knacks my Mom has her "girly" room.  They painted the room a pale green with an accent of pink, all in country style! They had a great time collecting all the nick-knacks from garage sales and specialty stores and didn't spend over $10 for any one item.

It looks great!  My sister(s) and family did a wonderful job.  It is now a very cozy and inviting room. My Mom loves it; she now has her own county girly room!

Do YOU have a room to call your own?  Or does your sense of style speak louder in certain rooms?  I think it's great when someone has a room or area that reflects their personality.  Ladies usually have the bedroom, or family room, whereas many men have a man cave (basement) or utility garage.  It makes oneself feel comfortable, or motivated when an area reflects the individuality of the person.

Good Day
--D Charles  

  








 

My Grandfather hand-crafted this little chest.



No comments:

Post a Comment