Monday, November 21, 2011

'Tis the Season to go see Macy's Windows

Oh Hello,

Well it's that time of the year again...shop til you drop and then get up and shop some more!  Carrying all the bags, fighting the crowds and going in circles it's good to stop and escape for a moment. One of my favorite holiday escapes is walking on State Street in Downtown Chicago.  Macy's http://www.visitmacyschicago.com  (formally Marshall Fields) is continuing the 140 year old tradition of having a seasonal window displays!  Despite the hustle and bustle of the street, live musicians playing their music and the crowds of people, you can get lost in these beautiful and magical vignettes. The color, design and puppetry convey stories of hope and tradition.

These window displays give me great ideas for creating my own little holiday vignettes at home; maybe on my mantel or in my entry way.  I think an important thing to remember is that a vignette tells a story, or has a common thread.  Are YOU going to create any holiday vignettes?  If so email me the pics!  











Good Day!
--D Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment